INDIA - PRELUDE
Sunday, March 27, 2016


My friends and I, we have always been on the lookout for new travel destinations every year. And to say this India trip has never crossed our mind would be an understatement. Travelling to India Kashmir has certainly been on my bucket list ever since I’ve received a postcard photo of a Shikara from one of the interns several years back. And finally, we got there after we cancelled our trip to Perth. Lost over 100 bucks for that. 



Kashmir won my heart at first sight




Being a bit of a worrier and having not made this kind of journey before and for god’s sake this is India, I read literally every single Tripadvisor review and blog post I could find about India and thus I have to say that I knew entirely what to expect from the experience, but obviously I did not know how I would feel in this environment.

All of us were having such a mix of emotions before we left Malaysia to Chennai. Haha. But why Chennai? Well, Airasia at that point of time did not fly to Delhi and of course air ticket to Chennai was the cheapest we could find, so a little detour won’t hurt anyone. Hiks.

We were excited for the adventure that lies ahead and yet nervous too about heading into an unknown territory and stepping out of our comfort zones. Noise, colors, smells and of course cheaters, all of those can be overwhelming for the first timers but we have just to accept the situations with a completely open mind so that it doesn’t sounds too bad, does it?


Tengok ape tuh 

Just FYI, I have NEVER eaten mamak’s or Indian food in my life so my biggest concern was that I no longer would have something that I can eat without thinking at least, twice. It’s an open secret anyway and I think all of my friends know that. Hehe. Sorry guys we really cannot lepak at Mahbub, Raju or Nirwana. I just can’t. Tak boleh telan. Haha. Sobs.

So how did I survive?

I personally ate banana every single day without fail just to keep me energetic and also plain rice with sambal ikan bilis which my mom packed for me. Hehe. But, still suffered from diarrhea. Haihh. Makan nasi kosong je pun, tapi still I have to rush to the bathroom and spent the rest of the evening there. Sobs sobs. That happened in Gulmarg when my Delhi Belly set in. Sumpah it was so bad. Sakit perut memang so not convenient at all.


My everyday breakfast in India




Bekal, just in case hehe


And a most distressing topic, public bathroom! Hahaha. Hmmmm. This is something that India has not been able to cater well. To be honest, I have been having an ongoing problem since forever and can’t seem to find relief. The frequent need to urinate even I just have gone to the bathroom. Sobs. Overactive bladder people might call. Haha. So I was having a nightmare every time I need to use the public bathrooms. They can be in VERY bad condition and SUPER dirty! Why have all these things happened to me, entahler. Haha. So for that, I carry my own toilet paper, hand sanitizer, botol kosong and wet tissue all the time. Hehe.




 Behind the scene of my Chandni Chowk photo. Tengah acah-acah pose, then tetiba ada orang datang mintak duit. Tsk tsk.


I look forward to reporting back whenever I have the time to write and letting you know how my adventure unfolds. Seriously, one of my best trips and I’m dreaming of the time I will be back next. Sooner rather than later, I hope. Ladakh, Manali and Simla in summer, maybe?


Labels: ,



1:44 AM | 2 comments
Webmistress



Noor Rafidah Jacob
Fida Jacob
Kuala Lumpur, MY
Chartered accountant
Tax Manager, BIMB
Kaplan Financial UK
IIUM Alumni
fidajacob@gmail.com

Hi everyone! My weaknesses are pretty things and kindness. Knowledge is of high importance. I believe that everyone has the potential to become the best they can be and that beauty comes within. This is a spot where I'll share with you some of my adventures + my inner thoughts! Oh and don't forget to follow me on instagram! : @fidajacob

My Photo
For me to know, for you to find out



Media


UTUSAN (Citra Orang Muda)


HARIAN METRO


Featured in JOMJALAN.COM.MY


Malaysia International Tourism Bloggers Conference & Awards ‘MIBTCA’(Winner of Malaysia International Tourism Fashion Blog)


Wishlist


LADAKH


KOMODO ISLAND

 
MOROCCO


ARIZONA


ICELAND

Korean Shooting Locations


 

INCHEON AIRPORT GUESTHOUSE (WILL IT SNOW FOR CHRISTMAS)
SHINDO ISLAND (FULL HOUSE)
PETITE FRANCE (SECRET GARDEN)
YONGPYONG SKI RESORT (WINTER SONATA)
YANGPYEONG ENGLISH VILLAGE (BOYS OVER FLOWERS)
BUKCHON HANOK VILLAGE (PERSONAL TASTE)
NAMI ISLAND (WINTER SONATA)


Footprints

MALAYSIA
SINGAPORE
INDONESIA
THAILAND
VIETNAM
MYANMAR
CAMBODIA
PHILIPPINE
SOUTH KOREA
CHINA
JAPAN
INDIA
AUSTRALIA
UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
SAUDI ARABIA
TURKEY
SWITZERLAND
AUSTRIA
SPAIN
FRANCE
SCOTLAND
ENGLAND
NORTHERN IRELAND
IRELAND
HOLLAND
BELGIUM
ITALY
VATICAN CITY
GERMANY
PORTUGAL
LUXEMBOURG
POLAND
MONACO
GREECE
BOSNIA & HERZEGOVINA
CROATIA
HUNGARY
CZECH REPUBLIC
NORWAY
DENMARK
UNITED STATES

Travelogue


BEIJING 2012


KOREA 2012
Day 1
Day 2 (Part 1)
Day 3 (Part 1)
Day 4
Day 5 (Part 1)
Day 5 (Part 2)
Day 6 (Part 1)
Day 7 (Part 1)


KUCHING 2012


PARIS 2012
Day 1 & Day 2 (Part 1)
Day 1 & Day 2 (Part 2)
Day 3 (Part 1)
Day 3 (Part 2)
Day 3 (Part 3)


AMSTERDAM 2012


BRUSSEL 2012


VENICE 2012


ROME 2012


SCOTLAND 2012


LONDON 2012


SINGAPORE 2012


PULAU PERHENTIAN 2012


HO CHI MINH 2012


SEOUL 2013


JAPAN 2013


JAKARTA 2013


BANDUNG 2013


DUBAI 2013


TURKEY 2013


BARCELONA 2013


SWISS 2013


BALI 2013


Rewind


Follow Me


Previous

TO NEW BEGINNINGS
WINTER WONDERLAND
LIFE
LEBARAN 2015
BAJU RAYA :P
RAMADHAN MUBARAK
STAND STILL
MEMORIES OF WHITE AND BLUE MYKONOS
WELCOME TO PARADISE - MYKONOS
WORKING AGAIN


Label

Misc

CURRENTLY WATCHING

RUNNING MAN



SEHANGAT ASMARA

JUST
FINISHED



TENTANG DHIA

Music



Links

Facebook
Cari Forum
Soompi
Ockoala
Dramabeans
Rebel Souls
EY Malaysia

Credit

designer: Stephanie (kyuusho)
banner: sweetsugar

OLDER POSTS | NEWER POSTS