PARIS (DAY 3) - OM NOM NOM BERTHILLON ICE CREAM!
Sunday, November 25, 2012



Pernah pergi Setia City Mall? Located in Setia Alam, Shah Alam and it's just a short drive from my house. 10 minutes? 15 minutes? Ala, dekatla senang cerita. Hehe. Setia City Mall grand opening was held in May 2012. But I went there just recently, last week masa cuti panjang tu. Picture above was taken sebelum jadi huru-hara, from one shop to another. Keke.

And, I really, really, really like this place! I can hit all my favorite stores at once. The selection of stores make for great window shopping. Some of my notable favorites; Cotton On, Kitschen, Zara, Mango, Nichii, La Senza, M.A.C, Bobbi Brown, Uniqlo, Cache Cache and H&M! Oh ada Aldo jugak but too bad I can only shop the sales. Sigh. Why do Aldo shoes have to be so damn expensive? Sobs.

Ada Chatime! Hehe. Have you tried mini pearl? Sedap ok. Latest promotion sekarang ni, FREE mini pearl winter melon juice with every drink purchase! So, apa lagi? You SHOULD try! Hehe. Lagi ada Crabtree & Evelyn and Pandora!

Pandora bracelet

Oh God I want Pandora bracelet so bad. Cantiknya! My friend, Ain, hubby dia baru bagi benda alah ni masa first anniversary. I is jelly sangat-sangat dah ni. Then few days ago,  I noticed my colleague, Juliane pun pakai. I is meroyan sorang-sorang uols. It is expensive. First you buy the bracelet, then you buy the beads separately and they are like RM400 each! Well no, not all of them anyway. But still, mahal nya harga sebijik. Bonus oh bonus, where are you baby? Hmm, susah betul kalau semua benda pun nak. Travel pun nak, shopping pun nak! Fidaaaaa, can you just choose one!!!!




Hehehe. Ok, ok cukup. Jom sambung Paris - Day 3 (Part 3).

Click HERE for previous entry.


28 APRIL 2012 (Cont'd)





Eiffel, I'm In Love : music by Melly Goeslow


I see Paris not as the MOST romantic city in the world, but yes it is the "City of Lights" and a big maze of a place where I can convenient go to get myself lost.  And I love that feeling of wandering; Paris is PERFECT for that.

I do like Paris.Yes, I  do. But, I admit that there are things that the city itself has failed to impress me. The strange odour in the metro, the dirty sidewalks and the crowds of the people everywhere. But one thing about Paris, it is a city filled with music, art and culture. There are streets where entire galleries and art shops can be found, like a heaven for the true artist.

Then if you turn a corner to the next area, you'd find a whole bunch of street musicians performing for an audience that is willing to pause and listen. Such is Paris. I love street performers. There is no better way to snap out of reality for a few short minutes. Or maybe it is just what reality is. Ahh, it seems like you can find a concert anywhere in Paris, even on the metro.

In fact, I had my first "dream Paris" moment on the metro to 'Pont Marie' station, when an accordion player hopped onto the train and started playing what sounded like typical French music; La Vie en Rose. I felt like I was in "Paris in the movies". So leisurely, slightly romantic and a little dreamy. It was quite an enjoyable moment. I just love that kind of music and it is funny how certain song just bring back memories. Hmmm, seriously Paris just bring tears to my eyes.

Ok we have seen The Louvre and Mona Lisa, so what's next?


We would like to join the free walking tour at 1.00 pm but then it was 11.00 something when we left The Louvre and it was still early to go to the meeting point. So we stopped by Berthillon Ice Cream to see what the fuss was all about. This place gets a lot of hype. Travel shows and tour books generally mention it, so there will likely be tourists when you arrive. My advise; disregard them. Haha. You are all gathered for the same reason.

Some say it's the best ice cream in Paris and some even say it's the best in the world. Not sure I would go that far but the ice cream was fabulous. I still remember the taste of Berthillon ice cream. Sedappppp!



 The closest metro station - Pont Marie

There are many places that offer Berthillon ice cream, all over Paris, but their main store is on an island in the center of Paris at 31 rue St. Louis-en-l'Ile. There isn't one restaurant on the island that doesn't serve some of Berthillon ice cream and sorbet. But, I wanted to go to the original, the main store for the experience of it. And honestly, I didn't regret it. So once on the island, just follow the crowd. Kalau tak, just ask around.
Bonjour! Excusez-moi, où est "Bear-tee-yone"?
Hahahahaha. I did learn some basic French ok. I did, I did. Few years ago. Hehe. Mula-mula we pronounced Berthillon as Berthillon. Haha. Macam mana eja, macam tu lah pronounce. But then, the Parisians cakap macam ni uols;
Ahhhh, "Bear-tee-yone"? 
Hahahahaha. Berbelit-belit lidah nak menyebutnya. Kalau dah namanya makan belacan kan. Hahahah. So in summer, the queues at Berthillon are so long that it takes an hour to get your ice cream. Spring is the perfect time to go to Berthillon. There are so many different flavors that it was very difficult to settle. After much deliberating and asking which are the best flavors for us to try, then we chose hazelnut, caramel and pistachio.


Sharing is caring. Hehe. Pistachio tu sedap. And hazelnut pun. And caramel pun! Hahahaha. How? Semua pun sedap. Berthillon is known for its luxury ice cream, so it also comes with its luxury prices. I can't remember how much exactly does it cost. Haha. Tak mahal sangat kot. 5 to 7 Euros maybe? Jangan convert! :)


In short, it was fabulous. I also like how Berthillon uses natural ingredients and natural flavorings; no preservatives or artificial sweeteners. The pistachio... it was the best I've ever had. And, all we had for lunch was, that Berthillon ice cream! Sigh. No more money!

Labels: , ,



11:58 PM | 11 comments
Webmistress



Noor Rafidah Jacob
Fida Jacob
Kuala Lumpur, MY
Chartered accountant
Tax Manager, BIMB
Kaplan Financial UK
IIUM Alumni
fidajacob@gmail.com

Hi everyone! My weaknesses are pretty things and kindness. Knowledge is of high importance. I believe that everyone has the potential to become the best they can be and that beauty comes within. This is a spot where I'll share with you some of my adventures + my inner thoughts! Oh and don't forget to follow me on instagram! : @fidajacob

My Photo
For me to know, for you to find out



Media


UTUSAN (Citra Orang Muda)


HARIAN METRO


Featured in JOMJALAN.COM.MY


Malaysia International Tourism Bloggers Conference & Awards ‘MIBTCA’(Winner of Malaysia International Tourism Fashion Blog)


Wishlist


LADAKH


KOMODO ISLAND

 
MOROCCO


ARIZONA


ICELAND

Korean Shooting Locations


 

INCHEON AIRPORT GUESTHOUSE (WILL IT SNOW FOR CHRISTMAS)
SHINDO ISLAND (FULL HOUSE)
PETITE FRANCE (SECRET GARDEN)
YONGPYONG SKI RESORT (WINTER SONATA)
YANGPYEONG ENGLISH VILLAGE (BOYS OVER FLOWERS)
BUKCHON HANOK VILLAGE (PERSONAL TASTE)
NAMI ISLAND (WINTER SONATA)


Footprints

MALAYSIA
SINGAPORE
INDONESIA
THAILAND
VIETNAM
MYANMAR
CAMBODIA
PHILIPPINE
SOUTH KOREA
CHINA
JAPAN
INDIA
AUSTRALIA
UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
SAUDI ARABIA
TURKEY
SWITZERLAND
AUSTRIA
SPAIN
FRANCE
SCOTLAND
ENGLAND
NORTHERN IRELAND
IRELAND
HOLLAND
BELGIUM
ITALY
VATICAN CITY
GERMANY
PORTUGAL
LUXEMBOURG
POLAND
MONACO
GREECE
BOSNIA & HERZEGOVINA
CROATIA
HUNGARY
CZECH REPUBLIC
NORWAY
DENMARK
UNITED STATES

Travelogue


BEIJING 2012


KOREA 2012
Day 1
Day 2 (Part 1)
Day 3 (Part 1)
Day 4
Day 5 (Part 1)
Day 5 (Part 2)
Day 6 (Part 1)
Day 7 (Part 1)


KUCHING 2012


PARIS 2012
Day 1 & Day 2 (Part 1)
Day 1 & Day 2 (Part 2)
Day 3 (Part 1)
Day 3 (Part 2)
Day 3 (Part 3)


AMSTERDAM 2012


BRUSSEL 2012


VENICE 2012


ROME 2012


SCOTLAND 2012


LONDON 2012


SINGAPORE 2012


PULAU PERHENTIAN 2012


HO CHI MINH 2012


SEOUL 2013


JAPAN 2013


JAKARTA 2013


BANDUNG 2013


DUBAI 2013


TURKEY 2013


BARCELONA 2013


SWISS 2013


BALI 2013


Rewind


Follow Me


Previous

WORDLESS WEDNESDAY - VENEZIA
TEAM EDWARD OR TEAM JACOB?
ANOTHER MODERN KURUNG
I NEED SOME SPACE
BUKCHON HANOK VILLAGE - PERSONAL TASTE SHOOTING LO...
WORDLESS WEDNESDAY - MISSING THE SUNSHINE
ISTANBUL AKU DATANG
WORDLESS WEDNESDAY - WALKING IN THE RAIN
007 REPORTING FOR DUTY - BEAUTIFUL FILM, BEAUTIFUL...
ENGLISH VILLAGE - BOYS OVER FLOWERS SHOOTING LOCATION


Label

Misc

CURRENTLY WATCHING

RUNNING MAN



SEHANGAT ASMARA

JUST
FINISHED



TENTANG DHIA

Music



Links

Facebook
Cari Forum
Soompi
Ockoala
Dramabeans
Rebel Souls
EY Malaysia

Credit

designer: Stephanie (kyuusho)
banner: sweetsugar

OLDER POSTS | NEWER POSTS