PARIS DAY 3 : THE LOUVRE
Monday, October 15, 2012




The concert yesterday was FANTASTIC! Hehe. I even bought the light stick. :p.

A little unhappy with my seat. It was a little far off to the side. Jauh, nampak tengok semut je kat bawah tu. Haha. Tiket free uols. What do you expect? Hehe. Sedih.

But still, I can't express my delight. Hehe. Now I've got "Teh-el me, Teh-el me, dadadadadaada" stuck in my head. Hahahaha.


Wonder Girls : Tell Me


Dulu-dulu, "Tell Me" by Wonder Girls has become HUGE phenomena and trend in South Korea due to their catchy tunes and cute dance choreography. The song and the dance moves are "addicting". Hehe.

So, when I was like 20 years old kot (sobs, those good old days), I can still remember learning their dance moves. Hehe. Dance tutorials are available on Youtube, so apa lagi, I was just having fun with it. Hahahaha. Gigih! Zaman muda-muda khen. Hehe.

Overall, the concert was great from start to finish and it was a great experience.




Ok now, let’s go to Paris again.

Click HERE for previous entry.


28 APRIL 2012 (Cont'd)




The picture was taken yesterday, at Publika. This still picture somehow makes me miss my time in Paris.

And Paris...it has a quite sentimental value for me. Someone is actually working there. We used to be so close but...Hmm, I just hope that "someone" is happy, wherever you are. Do you have any kids yet? Well, some things, I guess, are just meant to be. And, life goes on.

So... where am I now? Melencong dah ni. Hehe.

Oh, ok I was at The Louvre! :)


The Louvre looks big from the outside but it's even bigger in the inside. I never imagined a museum will be like that! It was way bigger than I thought. Too many people kan. Most of them want to see a painting smaller than expected, Mona Lisa.

So, jaga-jaga Cik Salmah! There are pickpockets in all sorts of crowded places. Serabut sungguh la pickpockets ni. Why can't you just disappear? Sobs.

Louvre was the finest collection of French art and it made them (French people) sad that people went there to see the Mona Lisa (Italian) or the Winged Victory (Greek).

Hmm, I have a confession to make; I'm not really a museum person and not a big fan of arts. So the thought of spending all day in museum, looking at work of arts, trying to find the meaning in each shape and colour, secretly terrifies me.

After an hour or two, I would probably yawn. Hahaha. Menguap siap. Boleh? And when people say that A DAY in the Louvre is not enough? I was just smiling. Keke. Later I'll tell how much time we spent here. Hehe.

So after we saw the most famous paintings of all, The Mona Lisa, where should we go now?



Hmm sorry, I have to put these pictures because well it was about that time I noticed the Louvre contains classical paintings and sculptures of many naked men and women. Maybe one of the favorite subjects? Keluar je museum ni memang pening kepala. Banyak sangat kaedahnya. Kiri kanan depan belakang. Semua tempat la ada senang cerita.


Rasanya kan, in order to enjoy a visit to this extraordinary museum, I would recommend getting an audio guide. Tengok auntie atas ni dengan headphone bagai. That's what she did. Bukan apa, too much of the information was only in French. Louvre ni pun satu. More information about the paintings should have been provided in English too. Ingat weols semua faham French ke? Merci.

There are also few guided tours for an additional 10 euros and you can also rent a multimedia guide for 7 euros. Takpun susah-susah sangat, you can download Rick Steve's audio guide on your smart phone. Headphones on and off you go. Hehe. Hamboih. Senang nya cakap kan. But we did none of the above! Hahaha.

We did self-guided tour sajork. And macam biasa, self-guided tours always end up with wrong assumptions and conclusions! Hahaha.


This is my favorite. I adore this potrait. Madame Seriziat by Jacques-Louis David, 1795. Love the mint green on her white silk dress. The flowers and the little girl are pretty too.

Hehe. Ni lah orang tak pandai seni, kau komen baju je la. Hahahaha.


Look at the amazing details of the ceilings in the Louvre. Lovely.


Most of the paintings are big. A good three meters tall, and about four meters wide. It's a very relaxing place to sit and enjoy the paintings, maybe?


But, what did I do? Hmm. Lepas je ambil gambar ni, I was looking at everyone. They dutifully stared at the paintings. I was looking at the paintings too but  had absolutely no idea what I was looking at.

There's a woman, next to me, she was smiling while looking at one of the paintings. I try tengok apa yang dia tengok,  ada la gambar orang ramai-ramai, ada yang berbaju ada yang tak, but I can't understand why she was smiling. Hahaha. I think the longer they stared at the painting, the more its beauty overwhelmed them. Kot la kan? Haha.

Sesungguhnya, hanya jauhari yang mengenal manikam.


I don't think I was able to see half of the museum's treasures. If I wrote about everything I saw, sampai bila pun tak habis. Ni belum lagi masuk segala benda-benda lain yang ada kat dalam ni. There are shops that sell souvenirs, anything from 3 euro, postcards and bookmarks to actual replicas of the sculptures.

And there are cafes too if you need energy to walk through this huge maze. Maze ke muzium ni uols. We got lost. Once or twice. Tak ingat dah berapa kali. But kesimpulannya, pusing-pusing tempat yang sama sampai naik menyampah. Hahaha. Tak jumpa jalan nak pergi tempat lain. How? That was the reason why we spent just 1 hour here! Can you believe that? Sejam. Orang kata muzium ni punyalah besar, 6 hari pun tak habis tengok. But we spent just one hour! Pengsan. Haha.  Satu lagi sebab, semua pening kepala. Tu la banyak sangat tengok benda-benda tak sepatutnya ni.


Louvre is a pretty interesting place, even for people who don't particularly like museums and you really have to be there to know how it feels to be stand right in front of the Louvre. If you ever find yourself in Paris, you should certainly drop by, and NOT just for the Mona Lisa. Hehe.

Bye. Monday Blues! Sobs.

Labels: ,



4:24 AM | 0 comments
Webmistress



Noor Rafidah Jacob
Fida Jacob
Kuala Lumpur, MY
Chartered accountant
Tax Manager, BIMB
Kaplan Financial UK
IIUM Alumni
fidajacob@gmail.com

Hi everyone! My weaknesses are pretty things and kindness. Knowledge is of high importance. I believe that everyone has the potential to become the best they can be and that beauty comes within. This is a spot where I'll share with you some of my adventures + my inner thoughts! Oh and don't forget to follow me on instagram! : @fidajacob

My Photo
For me to know, for you to find out



Media


UTUSAN (Citra Orang Muda)


HARIAN METRO


Featured in JOMJALAN.COM.MY


Malaysia International Tourism Bloggers Conference & Awards ‘MIBTCA’(Winner of Malaysia International Tourism Fashion Blog)


Wishlist


LADAKH


KOMODO ISLAND

 
MOROCCO


ARIZONA


ICELAND

Korean Shooting Locations


 

INCHEON AIRPORT GUESTHOUSE (WILL IT SNOW FOR CHRISTMAS)
SHINDO ISLAND (FULL HOUSE)
PETITE FRANCE (SECRET GARDEN)
YONGPYONG SKI RESORT (WINTER SONATA)
YANGPYEONG ENGLISH VILLAGE (BOYS OVER FLOWERS)
BUKCHON HANOK VILLAGE (PERSONAL TASTE)
NAMI ISLAND (WINTER SONATA)


Footprints

MALAYSIA
SINGAPORE
INDONESIA
THAILAND
VIETNAM
MYANMAR
CAMBODIA
PHILIPPINE
SOUTH KOREA
CHINA
JAPAN
INDIA
AUSTRALIA
UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
SAUDI ARABIA
TURKEY
SWITZERLAND
AUSTRIA
SPAIN
FRANCE
SCOTLAND
ENGLAND
NORTHERN IRELAND
IRELAND
HOLLAND
BELGIUM
ITALY
VATICAN CITY
GERMANY
PORTUGAL
LUXEMBOURG
POLAND
MONACO
GREECE
BOSNIA & HERZEGOVINA
CROATIA
HUNGARY
CZECH REPUBLIC
NORWAY
DENMARK
UNITED STATES

Travelogue


BEIJING 2012


KOREA 2012
Day 1
Day 2 (Part 1)
Day 3 (Part 1)
Day 4
Day 5 (Part 1)
Day 5 (Part 2)
Day 6 (Part 1)
Day 7 (Part 1)


KUCHING 2012


PARIS 2012
Day 1 & Day 2 (Part 1)
Day 1 & Day 2 (Part 2)
Day 3 (Part 1)
Day 3 (Part 2)
Day 3 (Part 3)


AMSTERDAM 2012


BRUSSEL 2012


VENICE 2012


ROME 2012


SCOTLAND 2012


LONDON 2012


SINGAPORE 2012


PULAU PERHENTIAN 2012


HO CHI MINH 2012


SEOUL 2013


JAPAN 2013


JAKARTA 2013


BANDUNG 2013


DUBAI 2013


TURKEY 2013


BARCELONA 2013


SWISS 2013


BALI 2013


Rewind


Follow Me


Previous

AKU TERIMA NIKAHNYA & WONDER GIRLS LIVE IN MALAYSIA!
WORDLESS WEDNESDAY - SEOUL ICE SKATING RINK
BACK FROM THE BEACH
PULAU PERHENTIAN
I'M ON VACATION - BYE!
WORDLESS WEDNESDAY - RED LIGHT DISTRICT
TODAY IS MY MOM'S BIRTHDAY
COLOURFUL WORLD - VIBRANT SPRING
THINGS I WANT... NOW PLEASE...
YONGPYONG SKI RESORT - WINTER SONATA SHOOTING LOCA...


Label

Misc

CURRENTLY WATCHING

RUNNING MAN



SEHANGAT ASMARA

JUST
FINISHED



TENTANG DHIA

Music



Links

Facebook
Cari Forum
Soompi
Ockoala
Dramabeans
Rebel Souls
EY Malaysia

Credit

designer: Stephanie (kyuusho)
banner: sweetsugar

OLDER POSTS | NEWER POSTS