AN EVENING IN SRINAGAR, KASHMIR
Sunday, April 17, 2016



Watching the sun go down behind the distant mountain, I just lost in my own thoughts. Hmm, definitely a sucker for those amazing colors and I could watch this scene over, and over again. 

 Cont'd from HERE





After a quick freshen-up and solat, we have been served an incredible Hyderabad Biryani for lunch. Well I'm not really a big fan of biryani but I was pleasantly surprised. Cannot comment much on whether it was a "real" Hyderabad, cause I ain't never had one before, mate! And was that a coleslaw? Never tried that one too!





To be honest, my stomach can't really tolerate with this kind of food, dia macam tak boleh telan, kenot go orang cakap. Being a mek, my comfort food would always be sayur air, sup, tom yam, budu! Ahaha #matilahnak.

But my friends said that was the best Biryani they've ever tasted! So, I think mama (we called Uncle Nabi's wife mama okay, haha, there's a story behind it, more on that later) really made with love using the best quality Basmathi rice, well-marinated chicken and the best saffron in town. Seriously I can't recall the taste of that Biryani because I've eaten something else; nasi impit and sambal ikan bilis my mom packed for me. Hehe. And they happily had my portion. Dasar kelaparan semua orang masa ni.





Hiks. Kena bebel walau di mana jua anda berada. Haha. Mom definitely knows best kan? She packed for me 30 small packets of nasi impit but I left 15 at home. Told her, that's too much. Hahaha. Rasain loh. Kalau orang tua cakap tu, tolong dengar dan ikut! Hehe.



On top of Houseboat Lily of Nageen


And while we waited for our shikara ride in the evening, we were sitting on the wooden floor on top of the houseboat. A great view of other houseboats lined up along the lake and we can clearly see shikaras in vibrant hues. Mostly in red and yellow, and they were so bright in colors, so vivid and beautiful.







Our boatman



When the boatman came, we then boarded a shikara together with Uncle Nabi. They took us to a non-tourist zone and we can feel the silence in a hidden corners of Nageen lake, floating literally on the surface of the waters. So calm and peaceful.



Pardon my acah-acah pose. Pretending to dip my hand in the water of Srinagar, checked!




Houseboats


It was cold that time. So cold to be honest, I shiver a bit. But seeing the reflections of the houseboats on the water, I couldn't help but feel overwhelmed. Such a beauty.


Lily pond





Well, the boatman didn't speak much, perhaps because of language barrier. But we did chat with Uncle Nabi a bit. He told us that lotus season had not started, yet. The lake will only be surrounded with water lily and lotus somewhere in April. And from my observation, almost every house or houseboat in Srinagar had a little garden in their backyards. It is one of their sources of income, they might be selling bouquet of flowers or even the flower seeds to tourists.




We then floated in silence, embracing the moment. It was so amazing to sit in the slow moving shikara, watching the mountains around and you just see a life beyond what you've usually seen. 












I felt calm. You see something so different. Almost every family here needed a shikara, their only modes of transportation to move around.  And I don't know why, but when I see the ladies rowed their boat, just two of them, probably a mom and a daughter, that scene was a bit heart warming.







The famous Hazratbal Shrine


The sun almost going down into the lake, and the dark was slowly cloaking the sky. We literally had the sunset all to ourselves. And when we were approaching the famous Hazratbal Shrine (mosque) situated on the left bank of Dal lake, we were told that a single hair of Prophet Muhammad (SAW) is preserved here. Maybe it was just a myth, I don't know. And we heard clearly they were reciting quran. Mungkin jugak sebab dah nak azan masa tu. Haha.




Hazratbal Shrine is visible from most parts of the Dal Lake


It's just beautiful 


Nageen Lake, you've been dazzling but for now, au revoir!


To be continued,..

Labels: , , ,



1:26 AM | 3 comments
Webmistress



Noor Rafidah Jacob
Fida Jacob
Kuala Lumpur, MY
Chartered accountant
Tax Manager, BIMB
Kaplan Financial UK
IIUM Alumni
fidajacob@gmail.com

Hi everyone! My weaknesses are pretty things and kindness. Knowledge is of high importance. I believe that everyone has the potential to become the best they can be and that beauty comes within. This is a spot where I'll share with you some of my adventures + my inner thoughts! Oh and don't forget to follow me on instagram! : @fidajacob

My Photo
For me to know, for you to find out



Media


UTUSAN (Citra Orang Muda)


HARIAN METRO


Featured in JOMJALAN.COM.MY


Malaysia International Tourism Bloggers Conference & Awards ‘MIBTCA’(Winner of Malaysia International Tourism Fashion Blog)


Wishlist


LADAKH


KOMODO ISLAND

 
MOROCCO


ARIZONA


ICELAND

Korean Shooting Locations


 

INCHEON AIRPORT GUESTHOUSE (WILL IT SNOW FOR CHRISTMAS)
SHINDO ISLAND (FULL HOUSE)
PETITE FRANCE (SECRET GARDEN)
YONGPYONG SKI RESORT (WINTER SONATA)
YANGPYEONG ENGLISH VILLAGE (BOYS OVER FLOWERS)
BUKCHON HANOK VILLAGE (PERSONAL TASTE)
NAMI ISLAND (WINTER SONATA)


Footprints

MALAYSIA
SINGAPORE
INDONESIA
THAILAND
VIETNAM
MYANMAR
CAMBODIA
PHILIPPINE
SOUTH KOREA
CHINA
JAPAN
INDIA
AUSTRALIA
UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
SAUDI ARABIA
TURKEY
SWITZERLAND
AUSTRIA
SPAIN
FRANCE
SCOTLAND
ENGLAND
NORTHERN IRELAND
IRELAND
HOLLAND
BELGIUM
ITALY
VATICAN CITY
GERMANY
PORTUGAL
LUXEMBOURG
POLAND
MONACO
GREECE
BOSNIA & HERZEGOVINA
CROATIA
HUNGARY
CZECH REPUBLIC
NORWAY
DENMARK
UNITED STATES

Travelogue


BEIJING 2012


KOREA 2012
Day 1
Day 2 (Part 1)
Day 3 (Part 1)
Day 4
Day 5 (Part 1)
Day 5 (Part 2)
Day 6 (Part 1)
Day 7 (Part 1)


KUCHING 2012


PARIS 2012
Day 1 & Day 2 (Part 1)
Day 1 & Day 2 (Part 2)
Day 3 (Part 1)
Day 3 (Part 2)
Day 3 (Part 3)


AMSTERDAM 2012


BRUSSEL 2012


VENICE 2012


ROME 2012


SCOTLAND 2012


LONDON 2012


SINGAPORE 2012


PULAU PERHENTIAN 2012


HO CHI MINH 2012


SEOUL 2013


JAPAN 2013


JAKARTA 2013


BANDUNG 2013


DUBAI 2013


TURKEY 2013


BARCELONA 2013


SWISS 2013


BALI 2013


Rewind


Follow Me


Previous

SRINAGAR HOUSEBOAT - ONCE IN A LIFETIME EXPERIENCE
INDIA - PREPARATION
NEW YORK, HERE WE COME!
INDIA - PRELUDE
TO NEW BEGINNINGS
WINTER WONDERLAND
LIFE
LEBARAN 2015
BAJU RAYA :P
RAMADHAN MUBARAK


Label

Misc

CURRENTLY WATCHING

RUNNING MAN



SEHANGAT ASMARA

JUST
FINISHED



TENTANG DHIA

Music



Links

Facebook
Cari Forum
Soompi
Ockoala
Dramabeans
Rebel Souls
EY Malaysia

Credit

designer: Stephanie (kyuusho)
banner: sweetsugar

OLDER POSTS | NEWER POSTS