UNITED STATES OF AMERICA - PRELUDE
Wednesday, June 7, 2017


Central Park, NYC


United States of America has long been on my mind and it is one of those destinations on my bucket list since 2013. It was really long overdue, wasn’t it?


Well, I always been fascinated with America and anything American. Hehe. Not that I would marry someone with a US citizenship though haha. Don’t get me wrong. It’s just that I’ve seen so many US movies and I really wanted to explore the country as a traveler/ tourist.






Brooklyn Bridge


For someone like me who was always interested in nature, breathtaking sceneries and natural wonders, west coast of USA held greater fascination. I always think that Vegas would be an awesome introduction to the US. But if you ask me now, I would love to go to Seattle. It is known for being the background location to many well-known films and tv shows. The city will always remain popular for the rom-com classic Sleepless in Seattle, Grey’s Anatomy and the not-so-recent one I’ve watched back then in the Odeon UK; Fifty shades of Grey. Haha.


Brooklyn Bridge


However when I got the opportunity to travel around US, I decided to go to the east coast first. There’s always something great about every part of the country and this trip has been great. A very different experience, not just in terms of miles traveled, but the many people we met, from friends, family to perfect strangers who made the trip happen for us. I’ve got a FOC hotel room for 4 nights given by strangers right in the middle of Manhattan! How awesome is that. More on this later, I promise. They really deserve a blog post for their kindness.


There was a time when I hated big cities. Reason being, all that associated with them was noise, crowded and I would often get lost there. Given a chance, I always preferred rustic and charming towns. But nowadays, I seem to be lured by these big cities. Well maybe it’s the energy, the sights, sounds and the lights. Certainly my fascination for these cities seems to grow.





And that being said, the times square of New York has left a lasting impression in my memories. The skyline and the buildings have of course been captured in any photographs, but what stays in my mind is the energy, the music and the lights. I literally had to eat my words here. Never been a fan of big cities but Manhattan is beyond words. The experience of walking down the Brooklyn Bridge can never be forgotten. And seeing the lights of Manhattan and the NYC skyline coming up from the top of the rock may be considered touristy and expensive, but this experience was priceless.


5th Avenue, NYC

Skyline view from the Top of The Rock

 Skyline view from the Top of The Rock

 My office EY (how I wish) at Times Square, NYC

 Times Square, NYC

Times Square, NYC


I’ve had many conversations with friends and strangers that we met in the US about Obama, Trump, recession, legal immigrants and of course travelling. I would save these for another post.


Missing you, NEW YORK CITY!


Labels:



1:30 AM | 0 comments
Webmistress



Noor Rafidah Jacob
Fida Jacob
Kuala Lumpur, MY
Chartered accountant
Tax Manager, BIMB
Kaplan Financial UK
IIUM Alumni
fidajacob@gmail.com

Hi everyone! My weaknesses are pretty things and kindness. Knowledge is of high importance. I believe that everyone has the potential to become the best they can be and that beauty comes within. This is a spot where I'll share with you some of my adventures + my inner thoughts! Oh and don't forget to follow me on instagram! : @fidajacob

My Photo
For me to know, for you to find out



Media


UTUSAN (Citra Orang Muda)


HARIAN METRO


Featured in JOMJALAN.COM.MY


Malaysia International Tourism Bloggers Conference & Awards ‘MIBTCA’(Winner of Malaysia International Tourism Fashion Blog)


Wishlist


LADAKH


KOMODO ISLAND

 
MOROCCO


ARIZONA


ICELAND

Korean Shooting Locations


 

INCHEON AIRPORT GUESTHOUSE (WILL IT SNOW FOR CHRISTMAS)
SHINDO ISLAND (FULL HOUSE)
PETITE FRANCE (SECRET GARDEN)
YONGPYONG SKI RESORT (WINTER SONATA)
YANGPYEONG ENGLISH VILLAGE (BOYS OVER FLOWERS)
BUKCHON HANOK VILLAGE (PERSONAL TASTE)
NAMI ISLAND (WINTER SONATA)


Footprints

MALAYSIA
SINGAPORE
INDONESIA
THAILAND
VIETNAM
MYANMAR
CAMBODIA
PHILIPPINE
SOUTH KOREA
CHINA
JAPAN
INDIA
AUSTRALIA
UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
SAUDI ARABIA
TURKEY
SWITZERLAND
AUSTRIA
SPAIN
FRANCE
SCOTLAND
ENGLAND
NORTHERN IRELAND
IRELAND
HOLLAND
BELGIUM
ITALY
VATICAN CITY
GERMANY
PORTUGAL
LUXEMBOURG
POLAND
MONACO
GREECE
BOSNIA & HERZEGOVINA
CROATIA
HUNGARY
CZECH REPUBLIC
NORWAY
DENMARK
UNITED STATES

Travelogue


BEIJING 2012


KOREA 2012
Day 1
Day 2 (Part 1)
Day 3 (Part 1)
Day 4
Day 5 (Part 1)
Day 5 (Part 2)
Day 6 (Part 1)
Day 7 (Part 1)


KUCHING 2012


PARIS 2012
Day 1 & Day 2 (Part 1)
Day 1 & Day 2 (Part 2)
Day 3 (Part 1)
Day 3 (Part 2)
Day 3 (Part 3)


AMSTERDAM 2012


BRUSSEL 2012


VENICE 2012


ROME 2012


SCOTLAND 2012


LONDON 2012


SINGAPORE 2012


PULAU PERHENTIAN 2012


HO CHI MINH 2012


SEOUL 2013


JAPAN 2013


JAKARTA 2013


BANDUNG 2013


DUBAI 2013


TURKEY 2013


BARCELONA 2013


SWISS 2013


BALI 2013


Rewind


Follow Me


Previous

MY VIRGIN HIKE - MOUNT KINABALU
REFLECTING 2016
A MEMOIR OF MY PONY RIDE IN PAHALGAM, KASHMIR
EXPLORING #AADC2 FILMING LOCATIONS - JOGJA (PART I)
VISITING SONAMARG DURING THE WINTER
CRAZY WISH LIST
ADA APA DENGAN CINTA 2 | #AADC2
MINGALABAR, MYANMAR!
AN EVENING IN SRINAGAR, KASHMIR
SRINAGAR HOUSEBOAT - ONCE IN A LIFETIME EXPERIENCE


Label

Misc

CURRENTLY WATCHING

RUNNING MAN



SEHANGAT ASMARA

JUST
FINISHED



TENTANG DHIA

Music



Links

Facebook
Cari Forum
Soompi
Ockoala
Dramabeans
Rebel Souls
EY Malaysia

Credit

designer: Stephanie (kyuusho)
banner: sweetsugar

OLDER POSTS | NEWER POSTS