MY USUAL ROUTE - BIRMINGHAM IN A NUTSHELL
Tuesday, May 20, 2014





Hmmm, I think it's pretty safe to say that I'm getting old. Sobs. Well, not old in the age sense so much but more in terms of I tend to appreciate every little things in my life now. Things I see, things that catch my eyes as I roll through life. Oh gosh I'm so gonna miss my life here. One year can never be enough. Hahaha. Lupa daratan nih!





Thankfully my school is in the city centre! And the weather lately has been beautiful alhamdulillah. Shine bright like a diamond! Hiks. Summer is coming baby! And goodbye my gloomy days. In about 2 weeks, we will all be celebrating our summer break. Can't wait for that but some good things don't come easy. Hahaha. Exam is around the corner! Sobsss. Why is professional paper so damn hard? Jenuh sangat study tapi my brain sometimes (most of the time) doesn't function properly. Sign of ageing, maybe.





It's almost midnight and I'm still up and about. Baru habis belek-belek kerja sekolah untuk esok. Belek je lah tapinya. Haha. And I had quite the productive evening. Went to Tesco after class ( I always go to Tesco almost everyday, OMG) and bought some groceries, ayam lah, hot dog lah, all Halal no worries haha. The best thing about Birmingham or some people might call it Birminghae (hint : #anokkelatedibirminghae, John) bahahaha so #villagepeople tapi the correct pronounciation is Birmingggammmm. Hehe. Ok sorry, the best thing about Birm is; there are ample of halal food and restaurants here, alhamdulillah.

Depan rumah je ada ayam Saqib yang sangat sedap nak mamps but I'm on diet now so hanya mampu pandang sepi je. Tesco pun berjarak beberapa langkah je depan rumah and they are selling halal meat, it makes my life a whole lot easier. Yang tak bestnya, kau tak pandai masak je! Sad. Duk la asyik masak benda yang sama je everyday. Boring. Now kan, semenjak dah pandai buat bergedil ayam ni ataupun Brummies panggil chicken potato nugget katanya, hahaha selalu je lah duk membeli minced chicken 500gm and gigih buat bergedil. 500gm ni basically boleh dua kali makan je, and sungguh enak ye kawan-kawan! Hahaha. Esok nak buat lagi.




Bull RIng Shopping Centre

Speaking of Birminggggamm, tahukah anda it's the UK second largest city? Haha gituh. At first I was offered to study in Manchester tapi setelah fikir panjang, I want to follow #anokkelatedibirminghae bahahaha. Rasakan. Aku akan bikin hidup kau sengsara. Haha.

And I think one of the Birm's landmarks is the Bull Ring Shopping Centre. Perfectly located in the centre of Birmingham. It is spacious and I don't have time to explore the whole Bull Ring just yet but Selfridges is hugeeee. Kadang-kadang after class, selalu sangat cuci mata dekat Bull Ring which is not good to your pocket. Haha.




Library of Birmingham 


This is Europe's biggest library! It is located in the heart of Birmingham and Kaplan Financial Birmingham is just next to this building. Tak sempat nak round habis lagi, too big, but I admire the architecture and the interior design of this library. Hopefully I have some time to wander around like a tourist nanti. Hehe. And I always shalat here sebab they have proper surau for girls. Study belum pernah sebab the best place to study is my attic! Hahaha.




And that white building, that's my school peeps. Tapi not the entire building, Kaplan just occupy 2 floors je kot, if I'm not mistaken.




Symphony Hall Birmingham





My usual route to class everyday :)



Birmingham Museum & Art Gallery




Birmingham Museum & Art Gallery




Victoria Square Birmingham




Victoria Square Birmingham


I never get bored of my usual route. There's always street musicians with their instruments everywhere. Macam dalam drama and I'm the main actress. Haha. Tengah-tengah jalan all alone, otak melayang entah pergi mana, then ada pulak background music. Mulalah aku duk berangan jadi Mya Zara dalam cerita Love You Mr. Arrogant. Hehe. Last week kan, one of the buskers played "Where Do I Begin" and I got teary-eyed. Such a beautiful melody. Sometimes you just have to stop, listen and appreciate.




But well, this is life. You can't always get what you want.


Labels: , , ,



7:39 AM | 5 comments
Webmistress



Noor Rafidah Jacob
Fida Jacob
Kuala Lumpur, MY
Chartered accountant
Tax Manager, BIMB
Kaplan Financial UK
IIUM Alumni
fidajacob@gmail.com

Hi everyone! My weaknesses are pretty things and kindness. Knowledge is of high importance. I believe that everyone has the potential to become the best they can be and that beauty comes within. This is a spot where I'll share with you some of my adventures + my inner thoughts! Oh and don't forget to follow me on instagram! : @fidajacob

My Photo
For me to know, for you to find out



Media


UTUSAN (Citra Orang Muda)


HARIAN METRO


Featured in JOMJALAN.COM.MY


Malaysia International Tourism Bloggers Conference & Awards ‘MIBTCA’(Winner of Malaysia International Tourism Fashion Blog)


Wishlist


LADAKH


KOMODO ISLAND

 
MOROCCO


ARIZONA


ICELAND

Korean Shooting Locations


 

INCHEON AIRPORT GUESTHOUSE (WILL IT SNOW FOR CHRISTMAS)
SHINDO ISLAND (FULL HOUSE)
PETITE FRANCE (SECRET GARDEN)
YONGPYONG SKI RESORT (WINTER SONATA)
YANGPYEONG ENGLISH VILLAGE (BOYS OVER FLOWERS)
BUKCHON HANOK VILLAGE (PERSONAL TASTE)
NAMI ISLAND (WINTER SONATA)


Footprints

MALAYSIA
SINGAPORE
INDONESIA
THAILAND
VIETNAM
MYANMAR
CAMBODIA
PHILIPPINE
SOUTH KOREA
CHINA
JAPAN
INDIA
AUSTRALIA
UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
SAUDI ARABIA
TURKEY
SWITZERLAND
AUSTRIA
SPAIN
FRANCE
SCOTLAND
ENGLAND
NORTHERN IRELAND
IRELAND
HOLLAND
BELGIUM
ITALY
VATICAN CITY
GERMANY
PORTUGAL
LUXEMBOURG
POLAND
MONACO
GREECE
BOSNIA & HERZEGOVINA
CROATIA
HUNGARY
CZECH REPUBLIC
NORWAY
DENMARK
UNITED STATES

Travelogue


BEIJING 2012


KOREA 2012
Day 1
Day 2 (Part 1)
Day 3 (Part 1)
Day 4
Day 5 (Part 1)
Day 5 (Part 2)
Day 6 (Part 1)
Day 7 (Part 1)


KUCHING 2012


PARIS 2012
Day 1 & Day 2 (Part 1)
Day 1 & Day 2 (Part 2)
Day 3 (Part 1)
Day 3 (Part 2)
Day 3 (Part 3)


AMSTERDAM 2012


BRUSSEL 2012


VENICE 2012


ROME 2012


SCOTLAND 2012


LONDON 2012


SINGAPORE 2012


PULAU PERHENTIAN 2012


HO CHI MINH 2012


SEOUL 2013


JAPAN 2013


JAKARTA 2013


BANDUNG 2013


DUBAI 2013


TURKEY 2013


BARCELONA 2013


SWISS 2013


BALI 2013


Rewind


Follow Me


Previous

MY DAYS IN GERMANY
LIFE IN THE UK
SPLIT, CROATIA
PLITVICE NATIONAL PARK, CROATIA
NEW BOOST JUICE BAR IN TOWN!
WHEN IN ROME
SUATU MASA
NICE, FRANCE - ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL
MY ATTIC BEDROOM
LONDON ICONS


Label

Misc

CURRENTLY WATCHING

RUNNING MAN



SEHANGAT ASMARA

JUST
FINISHED



TENTANG DHIA

Music



Links

Facebook
Cari Forum
Soompi
Ockoala
Dramabeans
Rebel Souls
EY Malaysia

Credit

designer: Stephanie (kyuusho)
banner: sweetsugar

OLDER POSTS | NEWER POSTS